Power-up your Career with the most progressive and proactive Union in North America. Look forward to a fulfilling and secure future for you and your family. Now is the time to join LiUNA!625.
The LiUNA! Advantage
Whether you’re ready for a career change or considering a career in the construction industry, take a good look at the exceptional benefits LiUNA! Members enjoy and why LiUNA!625’s Construction Craft Workers work safer, earn much higher wages and stay employed longer than non-union workers:
- A collective and collaborative partnership with over 200 signatory contractors
- We work for our Members and their families consistently negotiating higher wages, premium health care coverage and safer working conditions
- Comprehensive Greenshield family health care benefits
- Retirement security backed by the Labourer’s Pension Fund of Central and Eastern Canada, one of the Top 10 best managed funds
- Free Training and Skills Upgrades that place you ahead of the curve, create additional workplace opportunities and increased job security
- Relocation employment and training through LiUNA’s National network of offices
- ‘Safety First’ our #1 priority
- Equality and Respect. NO cultural or gender barriers to hold back your career growth
- A long-standing ‘no-strike’, ‘no-lock-out’ agreement
- A commitment to giving back to the communities we build through our own local charitable organization Champions for Change and participation in select fundraising events
- Connecting Members all year long by hosting family events, Member nights, and securing preferred tickets to high-profile concerts, festivals, sports events and fundraisers
Trades Worker Opportunities
Experienced, Qualified Workers
You may be ready for initiation as a LiUNA 625! Member based on demonstrating your construction skills and safety certification.
Free Skills Upgrade
Even if you are an experienced construction worker find out how you can upgrade, earn higher wages and increase your demand among our employers.
Send your resume stating work experience, safety and trade training certificates acquired with dates and complete contact details to address below.
2155 Fasan Drive
Construction Craft Worker Training Program
- Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program
Candidates meeting the enrollment criteria will participate in an intense 22 week program focused on 10 weeks of full-time, in-school, Health and Safety Certifications and classroom theory combined with on-site training plus 12 weeks of on-the-job field training with LiUNA!625 signatory employers.
- Construction Craft Worker (CCW I, CCW II)
Following successful completion of the Pre-apprentice Program you will complete Level I and Level II (Advanced) of the CCW Apprenticeship Program. Each program is 8 weeks and is completed over a 10 month period.
- Journeyman Program
After successfully challenging the MTCU exam and completing 2,400 hours of practical on-the-job training in total, you will be awarded Journeyman status.